Fashion Communication

Katie Knoll Headshot

Katie Knoll

Why did you decide to attend the Fashion Program at Ryerson? I knew I was going to attend the Ryerson Fashion program pretty early on. While in middle school, before I knew much about fashion or what I wanted to be, and before I had ever...
Fashion Communication

Read More

Aloisa Macedonio

  I started in January 2016 and completed at the end of August 2016. My jobs involved a lot of photographic and graphic design work, where I used those skills in photographing beauty products for The KIT's Instagram, as well as creating...
Fashion Communication

Read More

Shayna Tinson

Modern Cruella: A Fashion Editorial Shoot


Fashion Communication

Read More

Chantelle Beda

This series of Illustrations was created for the "Iterative" portion of our final capstone project. Through these illustrations, I was able to come closer to answering the question: How has hip-hop influenced the fashion industry? These 5...
Fashion Communication

Read More

Victoria Pandeirada

I was a buying intern for Saks Off 5th Canada's Women's accessories. I learned what the daily routine of a buyer looks like with the help of an assigned mentor. I helped create purchase orders, and learned how to use internal software. I...
Fashion Communication

Read More

Alexa Jovanovic

Braille In Fashion

Braille and disability are often stigmatized as a disadvantage. Focusing on blindness specifically, research indicates that only 25% of daily obstacles directly relate to the sensory disability, where as the other 75% deals with the...
Fashion Communication

Read More

Raezavel Argulla

To Each Her Own

As an aspiring fashion photographer, I noticed the prominence of the male gaze and the lack of female photographers within the industry at an early age. Driven by passion and curiosity to define a female perspective in a space that...
Fashion Communication

Read More

Carrie Cai

Youth In Motion

What does it mean to be young--and in love, and wild, and free? Delving into the world of popular music video offers a unique perspective on youth identity formation, one that reads like an archetypal and highly stylized montage of youth...
Fashion Communication

Read More

Mary Young

Why did you decide to attend the Fashion Program at Ryerson? I originally studied fashion design at George Brown college but found it wasn't preparing me enough for the workplace after school. During my first year at George Brown I applied...
Fashion Communication

Read More